Under the project United Voices for Children, financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), through World Vision Germany and Agroinvest Serbia, ChildPact and World Vision are commissioning a consultant to:
- (Re-)define the future directions of ChildPact (including the vision, mission, values and objectives) so as to develop a clear strategy leading to greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop instruments for measuring the progress achieved based on the new strategy
Duration of the Role
Depending on the methodology proposed, the duration of the consultancy can be between 12-16 days.
Consultants will be chosen with the following criteria in mind:
- Experience in similar consultancies, with a focus on networks & civil society development
- Excellent English (writing and speaking) and an inquisitive mind
- Excellent research and academic writing skills and excellent workshop facilitation skills
- Ability to translate complex ideas into practical and simple terms
- Knowledge of the ChildPact region (Western Balkans, South Caucasus, Eastern Europe), of child protection reforms, trends and networks in the region
- Knowledge of national, regional, EU and global frameworks that relate to children and of the engagement of state and non-state actors in the implementation of these frameworks
- Comfortable interacting with a broad range of people from different cultures
- Flexibility with regards to deliverables: multiple drafts might be needed before final approval
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism and an ability to work independently with tight deadlines.
To apply for this consultancy, please send the following documents to Cristina Negoiescu (email@example.com), before June 15, 2015:
- A CV detailing relevant skills in similar assignments with 2 contactable referees (please note that the reputation of the consultant might be checked by contacting the referees and other persons, as deemed appropriate by the selection commission)
- A letter of intent introducing the consultant and how the skills and competencies are met, with concrete examples as appropriate and with information about the implementation approaches
- At least two samples of similar work prepared by the consultant
- A detailed and reasonable financial proposal and cost considerations
For more information on this position please see the Terms of Reference (PDF).